When planning for your wedding banquet, it is useful to know what comes complimentary. This will not only help you plan better, but know what to negotiate for. The following is "standard" in Singapore ....
- Complimentary drinks
- Wedding invitation cards for up to 70% of your confirmed guest list (sufficient)
- Floral centerpieces/decor on all tables
- Waiver of corkage charge for duty-paid and sealed bottles of alcohol of some sort
- Reserved VIP parking (usually for the bridal car)
- Car passes for up to 20% of your guaranteed guest list (No need to ask for more. This is usually more than sufficient)
- Wedding guestbook and token box
- Wedding cake (one tier only for cake cutting with the rest pre-packaged)
- Champagne bottle and fountain
- A night’s stay in Bridal Suite/Room (if the venue has any)
One way to squeeze a bit more out of your banquet is to pay via your credit card. Call to ask for a temporary credit increase saying it is your wedding. This should earn some decent points for your credit card's reward scheme.